LETHBRIDGE, AB – Exhibition Park is committed to bringing Lethbridge and the Southern Alberta region together through Agriculture, Entertainment and Commerce. As the region continues to evolve and grow, its ability to adapt to the changing environment reflects that commitment.
Exhibition Park is pleased to announce that all of its event programming will focus on the EXtra that it can do:
- Through its partnership with VisitLethbridge.com, further establish Lethbridge and Southern Alberta as a marquee tourism destination.
- Cultivate an environment at all of its events that is synonymous with safety and accessibility for each one of its guests.
- Build and event and entertainment portfolio that is certain to have something for everybody.
Exhibition Park is excited to announce StagEX [Stage-Ex] Music Festival at Whoop-Up Days. This festival marks a multi-year commitment by Exhibition Park to build a unique tourism property that will not only attract local guests, but visitors from all over Western Canada.
Exhibition Park has partnered with Trixstar Productions, Alberta based live event and entertainment consultants who produce marquee Canadian events, such as Big Valley Jamboree, Soundtrack Music Festival and the 2018 Grey Cup Festival among many others. “We are excited to partner with Exhibition Park to help develop a creative entertainment program that will build on the over 100 year history that Exhibition Park has. The newly unveiled StagEX will immediately bring attention to the region and over the next few years continue to grow into one of Western Canada’s premier summer events.” said Trixstar Productions Director of Operations Brennan McFaul. Lineup and ticket announce is scheduled for Tuesday, April 2, 2019.
Exhibition Park will also be introducing increased security measures at Whoop-Up Days in 2019. The purpose behind the increased security is to increase the overall comfort of all of its guests while on site. These measures will include; security check-points at all entry gates to the Park. Exhibition Park is continuing its strong working with Lethbridge Police Services, Lethbridge Fire and Emergency Services, Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis and all of the essential services teams to continue to deliver the best safety and security program for its guests.
Exhibition Park is also introducing Family Day at Whoop-Up Days. This will be replacing the Children’s & Family Festival (formerly a stand-alone event at Exhibition Park). “We believe that we can better serve the community with the entertainment offering we provide during Whoop-Up Days” said CEO of Exhibition Park Rudy Friesen. Family Day at Whoop-Up Days will occur on Wednesday August 21, 2019. The Park entrances will open at 10:00 a.m. on Family Day and there will be discounted ticket options for the day. Tickets for Whoop-Up Days will be available for purchase on Friday, April 5, 2019, beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Each year, Exhibition Park welcomes thousands of visitors for both its partner and its signature events. 2019 promises to be no different:
- (Feb. 27 – Mar. 1) South Country Co-op AG EXPO presented by Farm Credit Canada
- North American Seed Fair presented by Fortis Alberta
- (Mar. 20 – Mar. 23) Home and Garden Show presented by BILD Lethbridge
- Featuring a conversation with Sebastian Clovis, former CFL players and star of HGTV Canada’s Tackle My Reno, Save My Reno, Home to Win and the resident DIY expert on The Marilyn Denis Show
- Tickets for the Home and Garden Show go on sale February 8th at 10:00 a.m. on exhibitionpark.ca
- (Apr. 10 – Apr. 11) Aggie Days presented by UFA
- (May 11 – Oct. 26) Saturday Farmer’s Markets at Exhibition Park
- (Jul. 3 – Sep. 4) Wednesday Downtown Farmer’s Markets in partnership with the Downtown Business Revitalization Zone
- Jul. 13 – Jul. 14) Street Machine Weekend presented by Street Wheelers
- (Aug. 17 – Aug. 18) Alberta Open Farm Days
- (Aug. 20 – Aug. 24) Whoop-Up Days and StagEX Music Festival at Whoop-Up Days
- (Aug. 30 – Sep. 1) Lethbridge Ribfest
- (Sep. 27 – Sep. 28) Oktoberfest
- (Nov. 29 – Nov. 30) Big Christmas Farmer’s Market and Trade Show